We are pleased to announce that the Aqua TROLL 600’s expanding platform of water quality sensors now includes Ammonium, Nitrate, and Chloride Ion-Selective Electrode (ISE) Sensors! These new sensors offer the accuracy, reliability, ease of use, and stability you expect from In-Situ, and are compatible on all existing Aqua TROLL 600 Multiparameter Sondes by simply installing a firmware and software update. (Oh, and we’re only recommending monthly calibrations…more on that later!)
Nutrient monitoring applications
Designed for use in a variety of applications, you can count on all our water quality sensors to perform in natural water, surface water, groundwater, produced water, and aquaculture.
The Aqua TROLL 600 nutrient sensors are ideal for any application where real-time data for nutrient monitoring and/or early detection of contamination is useful, including:
- Agriculture and irrigation – monitor drainage and runoff
- Source water, drinking water, and wastewater – influent and effluent monitoring
- Stormwater – sediment runoff and nutrient contamination
- Mining – mine water management and nutrient contamination monitoring
- Groundwater – nutrient contamination and long-term testing
- Aquaculture – pond, recirculation, farming, and wastewater monitoring
So, what’s so special about these nutrient sensors?
If the reduced maintenance costs and early detection of potential contaminants isn’t enough for you, here are few other points to consider…(this is where monthly calibration comes in!):
- Sensor stability: Traditional ISE sensors typically drift within hours to days, however In-Situ sensors are showing minimal drift even after more than a month of deployment. Gone are the days of daily or even weekly calibrations…we are recommending a monthly 2-point calibration for these sensors. Oh, and there’s no iso-thermal calibration required either. (I’ll pause while you do the happy dance.)
- Derived parameters: The Ammonium Sensor will automatically derive ammonia and total ammonia when used in conjunction with a pH/ORP sensor. Plus, if you’re currently using HydroVu for your data management and reporting, a telemetry firmware update will magically make all of these new nutrient parameters visible in HydroVu!
- Range and depth: Our sensor range is significantly higher than others on the market (we’re talking 50x the range in some cases). In addition, the Ammonium and Nitrate Sensors are rated to a depth of 25m, and the Chloride Sensor can be used to the current pressure range of the Aqua TROLL 600 (350 psi).